When quality control and quality management is about the quality of a company – this affects all possible areas, such as manufacturing and its various processes, such as the materials or processes used or service. Before launchingsite, experts have to check its quality.
What are the tasks of quality management?
Quality management is an important interface in the company, where many of the individual areas in the company come together to accelerate processes, among other things.
Specialists and executives in quality management not only have to constantly control the production processes e.g. planning, material procurement, construction and production, but also the processes outside of production e.g. marketing, product management and logistics in order to work out options to harmonize individual areas. That is why quality management has different work areas and correspondingly different tasks.
Tasks in production
- Develop quality systems that can be used anywhere in the company
- Monitoring and control of the production processes in the company, with a focus on compliance with official standards such as ISO, VDA etc.
- Creation and regular updates of a guideline to openly define the quality values in the company for all employees
- Recording of production errors, for example, in order to be able to correct and avoid them
- Cost control in the company
- Appropriate use of quality techniques in manufacturing processes
- Defining a company’s goals for the future, as well as planning these goals in advance
Tasks in material testing
- Check on the arrival of goods/supplies and their condition
- Analysis of the material with a focus on function and possible loss of quality, e.g. caused by shipping
- Evaluation and recording through test reports
- Development of strategies in the field of material testing
- Digitization in databases
- Material technology advice
- Determination of the quality requirements of the company as well as the national and international customers
- Responsibility and support with customer complaints
- Guarantee of cooperation between individual company areas
- Training of new employees
- Continuous advice center for questions regarding quality, sales processes and problems
- Evaluate decisions in the company, such as the choice and evaluation of suppliers
The aim of quality management is to combine and improve areas in the company in order to be able to work more efficiently and to save costs in the long term.